WHAT IS BUDDY QUEST?
Buddy Quest is a new mobile game that helps kids learn and practice virtues in their everyday lives. As kids play the game (building worlds, collecting characters, and playing mini-games), they learn about virtues like honesty, kindness, and gratitude. Then they’re given “Real Hero Quests,” which are simple, real-life tasks that give kids the chance to practice the virtue in their everyday lives.
WHO IS BUDDY QUEST FOR?
Buddy Quest is designed for any family with kids between the ages of 6 and 11. Kids play the game and perform the “Real Hero Quests,” while parents connect to their child’s progress through the Parent Portal.
WHICH DEVICES CAN PLAY BUDDY QUEST?
You can play Buddy Quest with an Apple iOS mobile device (iPad 3 or newer, or iPhone 5 or newer) running iOS 8.0.3 or newer. Android devices 4.4 and up are now available too!
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT?
HOW MUCH DOES BUDDY QUEST COST?
The app is free to download and play the first 5 episodes. After that, you can continue building your worlds, collecting more characters, doing more Real Hero Quests, and earning more badges by purchasing additional Story Packs for $2.99.
CAN MORE THAN ONE CHILD IN MY FAMILY PLAY THE GAME?
Each child who plays needs to use a unique Buddy Quest parent account AND a unique Apple iTunes or Google Play account. At this time, only one child can play per device. (Unless they decide to play the same adventure together and practice the virtue of cooperation!)
HOW DO I APPROVE A REAL HERO QUEST?
You have two ways to approve their Real Hero Quest.
On your child’s device:
1. Tap the “Menu” button in the lower left corner.
2. Tap the “parent & child” icon.
3. Log in to the Parent Portal.
4. Tap the “Quest Complete” button to approve your child’s completion of the Real Hero Quest. Congratulations! Now they can continue their progress in the game.
On the parent’s device:
1. Open the Buddy Quest app.
2. Select “Start” on the intro screen.
3. If device is setup for the parent, the Parent Portal screen will appear.
4. Select the “Alerts” button.
5. Follow the instructions to approve the Real Hero Quest. Once complete, your child’s device will get notification of approval.
After a parent approves a Real Hero Quest, it may take a few minutes to register the approval on your child’s device. Hitting the approval multiple times will not increase the speed of this process.
WHAT IF I ALREADY HAVE A LIFETREE FAMILY ACCOUNT?
If you have an existing Lifetree Family account, you can use the same account credentials for Buddy Quest. If you don’t have an account, please create a new one inside the Buddy Quest app or on lifetreefamily.com.
HOW DO I RESET MY PASSWORD?
CAN I HAVE A COOKIE?
Go ask your mother.